Crate Pros is seeking a talented and versatile Junior Draftsman & Packaging Designer! In order to better serve our customers in industries like defense, aerospace, automotive we are seeking “can-do” team player to support our senior packaging engineer with design activities in support of our key customers and out most sophisticated projects.
Here is a short overview video of our company: https://youtu.be/MLuEBca4_GQ
Here is an overview of one of our recent projects involving custom packaging design: https://youtu.be/Kzhr8oMHP1A
Experience & Skills required (in order of priority):
- Motivated, coachable, dependable, disciplined
- Excellent attention to detail and takes great pride in work
- Construction and or prototyping experience
- 18 months of experience drafting within a computer-aided design (CAD) software program
* Our primary packaging design and visualization software is SketchUp Pro, but experience with any other CAD software programs like Autodesk AutoCAD 2D/3D or Solidworks is acceptable.
- Using Computer-Aided Design and drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Hold coordination meetings with internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain a schedule of current and upcoming work.
- Interpret detailed shop drawings for packaging included in our scope of work based on drawings of freight to be packaged, estimating information, specification sheets, and other data.
- Develop raw material buy lists (BOMs) for all our products on projects.
- Draw detailed layouts of packaging based on preliminary concepts and field conditions from hand dimensions and 3D scans.
- Design and draft fabrication sketches for packaging components like foam and wood to satisfy CNC and production standards, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete packaging designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Developing, designing, or creating new ideas, relationships, systems, or products.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Traveling to job sites or customer locations for coordination meetings as needed.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
After 90 days
1) Company-paid holidays
2) Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; 50% of medical paid by the company.
After 6 months:
1) 1 week of annual vacation
After 1 year
1) Company’s 401(k) program; Crate Pros matches employee contributions up to 4% of pre-tax earnings!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please respond to this posting below with your resume. Thanks for your interest.